My name is Vickie and I am the founder of All Within The Mind. Coming from a background in psychology, as a successful Cognitive Behavioural Therapist, I have worked with hundreds of people who have benefitted from my help.
My clinical expertise covers a wide range of issues from more severe problems (such as depression, suicidal thoughts, self harm, post traumatic stress, OCD, and health anxiety), to milder concerns such as low self-esteem, confidence, stress, relationship and work issues.
I have provided therapy on behalf of different types of organisations, ranging from the NHS to the private and charity sectors. I continue to work on behalf of the NHS in addition to my private practice.
How I Work
In addition to being trained to masters level as a psychologist, I am a fully qualified Cognitive Behavioural Therapist, registered with the BABCP. I work openly and honestly with my clients, providing a safe environment to collaboratively explore their difficulties and work towards their goals. It is my personal aim to help you learn more about yourself, identify what cause and maintains your problems, and help you to develop coping strategies that will allow you to deal with life’s stressors, whatever they might be.
My Professional Qualifications
- MSc Masters Degree in Psychology
- PG Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- PG Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Open University BSc module in Counselling Studies
- Solution Focused Therapy training
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy training
- Mindfulness training
- NHS training in safeguarding, mental health legislation, care records & confidentiality, equality diversity& culture, communication skills, data protection, information governance
- Mental Health First Aid training
Differences between therapists fully qualified in CBT sufficient for BABCP membership and those who are not
Many therapists offer CBT but only a relatively small number have completed full British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy (BABCP) accredited training at post graduate level. What does this mean? Those who have not completed this training, have usually undertaken CBT training as part of this their training as part of an Integrated therapy/counselling course. Not only is this training not recognised by the BABCP, but the CBT component forms only part of the training completed (usually of 6 months duration as opposed to in excess of the 2 years required by diploma level CBT training courses). Consequently full CBT training is much extensive, resulting in the therapist being able to work with the client at a much deeper level and using a far broader range of therapeutic techniques. The differences between how both types of therapist deliver CBT are therefore quite extensive. Only BABCP registered therapists can administer evidence based NICE approved therapy,
Bringing you the benefit of 20 years experience
In accordance with NICE guidelines and regulatory body compulsory guidelines, my practice benefits from the support of an experienced expert team. Not only does this ensure safe practice, but this also brings you the benefit of combined clinical experience which spans in excess of 20 years.
Ways in which therapy is available:
- Face to face
My Commitment to You will be:
- To work with you to address your problems in a manner which is transparent, collaborative and effective.
- To listen to you, accept you for who you are and be honest with you.
- I will never tell you what you should and shouldn’t be doing or thinking and I won’t judge you.
- I will not ask you to do things you do not want to do and will only work at a pace that you are comfortable with.
- Throughout your therapy I will continue to check that you are comfortable with the progress you are making.
- To inform you as to what to expect from a course of treatment. If CBT is not appropriate, or you do not feel comfortable with it, I will recommend alternative treatments.
- Ensuring that everything discussed will be confidential.
- Dedicating my commitment towards enabling your recovery not just during our sessions together but also working on your case between sessions
Registered with Counselling pages